Use this publishing option to link a custom domain with a Brizy Cloud project. If you don't have a custom domain, keep in mind that you can't purchase the domain from us, but from any domain registrar out there.
- Brizy Cloud Free account: you can't link any custom domains with your projects. You need a PRO plan to link custom domains.
- Brizy PRO Personal plan: you can link 3 custom domains (that includes subdomains as well, sofor example you can have 1 custom domain and 2 subdomains)
- Brizy PRO Studio plan: you can link unlimited custom domains (and unlimited subdomains)
* The number of domains or subdomains you can link can differ based on other promotions or deals you've purchased outside Brizy Cloud (an AppSumo deal for example).
Follow these steps to publish on your custom domain in Brizy Cloud.
1. Click the Publish link on your project
2. Select Custom Domain in the popup
3. Enter your custom domain name
Important: include the www. in the Domain Name field.
After going through these first 3 steps you need operate some changes where you have registered your domain in order to create a new CNAME Record that points to your Brizy project.
This is very simple, all companies that sell domains have these settings, you'll usually find them under NS/DNS Records.
Here is an example from our account on uniregistry.com:
Host / Alias needs to be www. Leave TTL with the default value, the Type needs to be CNAME and Canonical Name (Redirect or Point to) needs to be your unique project name from Brizy Cloud (in our example passionfruit7377.brizy.site).
Please note that the changes will not reflect instantly on your website. It takes up to 24 hours for these changes to propagate across the internet.
4. Create a 301 permanent redirect or website redirect (HTTP 301)
Website Redirect is used to redirect traffic from one website to another while maintaining the full URL of a user's request.
Because you've used a CNAME redirect for the subdomain www, you'll notice that all the links that doesn't contain the www. will not work.
For example http://example.com will not work because it doesn't contain the www.
What you need to do is create a HTTP 301 website (also called permanent) redirect from http://example.com to https://www.example.com.
In the same panel you've added the CNAME redirect, add a 301 redirect:
* you'll need to replace example with your domain name you are using.