Fatal error on 3 Brizy Sites
I am receiving this error on 3 of my sites running Brizy and Brizy Pro:
Fatal error: Declaration of BrizyPro_Content_Placeholders_PostLoop::getValue(Brizy_Content_Context $context, Brizy_Content_ContentPlaceholder $contentPlaceholder) must be compatible with BrizyPlaceholders\PlaceholderInterface::getValue(BrizyPlaceholders\ContextInterface $context, BrizyPlaceholders\ContentPlaceholder $placeholder) in /home/customer/www/212painter.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/brizy-pro/content/placeholders/post-loop.php on line 32
We are currently investigating this issue and we will do our best to come back soon with a fix. In the meantime, I recommend you delete Brizy plugins via FTP and install the previous versions(2.2.20 PRO and 2.2.13 Free) manually so you have the site live until we come up with a fix. Here's an article on how you can do that: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-manually-update-wordpress-plugins-via-ftp/
btw: you might as well try to upgrade PHP to the latest version. I think there is something about this, so it could be a solution for you until tomorrow.0
I have the same problem.. On novahypnose.fr0
Where is the repository from that I can download older versions of Brizy. All of my clients sites are going down ATM! HELP!!!0
And where can we find the previous versions(2.2.20 PRO and 2.2.13 Free) ?0
A short instruction list on how to fix this fatal error:
1. Log into your Cpanel or FTP account and delete the Brizy FREE version.
2. You will have access to the WordPress dashboard;
3. Download the PRO version from your Brizy account and upload it into your WordPress dashboard. Do not active, because you need to:
4. Download the FREE version from the WordPress repository. Activate the FREE version and then the PRO version.
You should have: Brizy FREE 2.3.0 and Brizy PRO 2.3.0
Brizy FREE 2.2.20 can be found in the WordPress repository - https://jmp.sh/Jpp3kDc ; The PRO version 2.2.13 is in your Brizy account dashboard.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Was it the Free version that caused the issue? because I tried yesterday with renaming Pro, temporarily fixing the site, but updating to Pro: 2.3.0 did not.
If I get the Reposiory right, free is at: 2.3.1 at this time.0
Yes, it was related to Brizy Free. Indeed, latest version is 2.3.1, update was released a few hours ago.
Sorry for this inconvenience, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding.
While this fix did fix one of my sites, I still have 2 more that are broken. Is anyone able to help me directly because I've already spent about 6 hours on this to no avail?0
We are sorry for late reply and for this inconvenience. To solve the problem you should do next:
- Log into your cPanel account or via FTP and delete the Brizy FREE version.
- You will have access to the WordPress dashboard;
- Download the PRO version from your Brizy account and upload it into your WordPress dashboard. A this stage do not activate it, please. See next step.
- Download the FREE version from the WordPress repository. Activate the FREE version and only then the PRO version.
You should have:
Brizy FREE 2.3.3
Brizy PRO 2.3.1
Please, let me know if after update website is working correctly.
For this reason, I hardly ever use Brizy anymore. Every site I have built with Brizy has had issues and errors when WP updates come out. THe guys at Brizy need to rectify this or I will be selling my lifetime license.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.