How can I achieve professional translations with Brizy?
WPML throws exceptions with Brizy and cannot be used at all. In fact Brizy developers recommend TranslatePress. But TranslatePress is not a professional solution, as has been confirmed by their support.
Here the details based on answers from TranslatePress support on what cannot be done:
- We cannot add or delete a paragraph in the 2nd language that is (or is not) in the 1st language. Essentially, both languages must have identically formatted content.
- Similarly, if the 2nd language should show a list but the 1st language does not have this list. It is impossible to add the list to the 2nd language.
- We cannot sort menus alphabetically. If the 1st language menu has A B C D but the translated words are different, then we end up with D A C B in the 2nd language menu.
- We cannot optimise SEO from Yoast at all, because
- 1) We can only search for strings and have to "hope" that the string we found is from Yoast and not from the post content.
- 2) We cannot optimise for Google display at all, because we cannot see the title and meta lengths, as we can in the Yoast interface.
If Brizy does not offer a route to enable professional translations, then Brizy itself cannot be considered a professional solution!
Please sign in to leave a comment.